Which flowers would you pick on for your wedding day? We offer these most popular wedding flowers;
1.) Roses – It symbolize beauty and love. We all know that roses have different varieties of colors. There are thousands of roses grown in this world. Roses are available in solid color.
There are three types of roses likely candidates for your wedding flowers
ü Hybrid tea roses (the classic, uniformly-shaped commercial roses generally seen at your local florist)
ü Spray roses (a rose with five to ten small heads on each stem and a "natural, garden-grown" look)
ü Garden roses (expensive, old-fashioned varieties with bushy, open heads and delicious scents)
2.) Tulips – It represents “consuming love” and “Happy Years”. It can be meaningful wedding choice. Tulip flower are grown in a wide range of colors, including white and cream; pastels like pink, yellow, and peach; and vibrant hues like magenta, red, and purple.
There are three types of tulips likely candidates for your wedding flowers
ü Dutch tulips (typically seen at neighborhood florist shops and in gardens)
ü French tulips (expensive and elegant, with extra-long stems and large tapered blooms)
ü Parrot tulips (noted for their ruffled, striped petals in intense colors)
3.) Calla-lily - Symbolizes "magnificent beauty”. Calla-lily has variety of color including; Creamy ivory is the most popular color, but calla lilies also come in yellow, orange, mauve-pink, and dark purple.
There are two types of calla-lily likely candidates for your wedding flowers
ü large-headed variety with a long, smooth stem and suitable for tall arrangements or presentation-style bouquets
ü miniature version ideal for nosegays
4.) Lily of the Valley – A bell-shaped florets dangling from a thin stem and sometimes called "the ladder to heaven”. It is very expensive flowers most of the years because in Norse mythology, the flower is linked to Ostara, the goddess of springtime, and while most plentiful during this season. So while a fistful of lily of the valley might be your dream, a more affordable alternative may be to use just a few stems to infuse a bouquet or centerpiece with its wonderful fragrance. Most people know of the white variety, but lily of the valley also comes in a very rare rosy-pink.
5.) Hydrangeas – A big bushy head and intense shades of pink, blue, burgundy, and purple. Hydrangea represented "vanity" in the Victorian language of flowers. You'll find the hydrangea in white and shades of green, pink, burgundy, and blue.
6.) Stephanotis – It symbolizes marital happiness. It is the traditional bridal flower shaped like little trumpet.
7.) Chrysanthemums – It signifies wealth, abundance, and truth. When chrysanthemums combined to other flowers, it will brings highlights to a bouquet despite of its size.
8.) Peony – Is a cherished wedding flowers. It symbolizing beauty, bashfulness, and welcome. This flower is imported and available only in fall and winter. Both peonies flowers do not last as long when cut it.
The peony is available in two main types;
ü Tree peony
What are the different types of bouquets?
1. Round Bouquets – This is the most traditional and often to use bouquets for wedding. It can fit both formal and informal themed in wedding. If the bouquet is round in shape, the flowers can use for it are round flowers like roses and carnations which is the most popular flower choice.
2. Biedermeier Bouquet – It’s ideals for brides who would like round shape but will appreciate or will amaze the structure of patterns .When you notice, the looks are same with the usual round shape bouquet but the difference is that it has patterns of the same flowers going towards the center that creates ring effect.
3. Posy Bouquet – This bouquet is similar with the round shape bouquet but some florist considered it as sub-category bouquet. The difference between posy and round bouquet is that the posy bouquet made is small enough in one hand while the round bouquets held in two hands. The commonly choices of flowers are including; roses, carnations, lilies, tulips and freesias. The flowers are bound together by length of satin, organza and even lace. Posy bouquets are ideals for a bridesmaid who wants casual wedding settings outdoors like in the beach or garden.
4. Nosegay Bouquet – This is the most popular type of bouquet in the Philippines. This is sometimes considered as variant of round bouquet but the standard round shape is not strictly followed. It has fixtures beside flowers; greens, baby's breath, pearls, ribbons, and decorative leaves bridged above the bouquet.
5. Oval Bouquets – This bouquet is usually used to creates cascading effect which is interconnected flowers by a train of cloth like silk tulle or an English net. Otherwise, wires and leaves can also be used to create the waterfall of "falling" flowers. Just like the cascading bouquet, this arrangement is best for formal weddings and suitable for big ball gowns.
Colors of the flowers are usually two toned and neutral as not to be too overwhelming.
6. Pomander Bouquet – This bouquet is ideal for a bridesmaid and flower girls who wants to hold the bouquets with wrist. A round bouquet's stems are cut off and a handle is attached to the middle to carry around.
7. Loose tied and Pageant Bouquets – It is commonly used in different types of weddings.
Loose tied is also known as “Arm Bouquet” that can be held over the arm. The flowers that often use for this type of bouquet are usually long stemmed flowers that can be tied by simple ribbon or lace.
Pageant bouquet. It can be between semi-formal to formal arrangement that is wrapped in organza or types of wrapping paper. These can range from very elaborate to simple.
8. Basket Bouquet – This bouquet is commonly used for flower girl but it can be used by the bride also. If you notice that this type of bouquet is not popular choice for the bridesmaid because this arrangement is fitted to the flower girl only, that is wrong. Some bridesmaid choice basket bouquet because they want their wedding more youthful, fun and unique – sometimes less formal. This is also nice in beach or rustic themed wedding.
9. Quirky and Unusual Bouquets – This bouquet is not often use in wedding event. There is Fan bouquet that is ideal for warmers venue (though whether or not you can use this to fan yourself this depends on how elaborate the flower design is).
Tussy Mussy is another variant of round bouquet that is characterized by the stem of the flowers encased tightly in a tube or a tight bind.
10. Picking one that Suits You – We are customizing wedding bouquet to suit your wedding day with some basic designs and there is definitely more out there to explore. It's best to compare both your wedding theme and gown and match it up with a wonderful bouquet.
If you want to know more about what other designs are out there, take a look at our Wedding Flowers section in the www.bundlesofflowers.com website and browse to find perfect bouquet on your wedding day.